In order to create a sustainable institution, MFI managers need to have the skills to analyze the financial health of their MFI. The Financial Analysis for Microfinance Institutions course provides participants with an understanding of the different ratios used by microfinance institutions, what they mean, and how they can be used to keep track of an institution’s financial performance over time. The analysis is based on financial statements that reflect management needs for clear, organized financial information. Participants learn how to format financial statements for decision making, adjust for inflation and subsidies, measure portfolio quality, efficiency, and profitability, and choose strategies to reach sustainability.
The participants:This course is recommended for Executive Directors, Finance Managers, Credit Managers, Operations Managers, Branch Managers and Board Members from Microfinance NGOs, credit unions, banks and other financial institutions, microfinance networks, apex institutions, national government regulators, and donors and consultants.
- Beltagy Fawzy, Financial Manager at Dakahleya Businessmen’s Association for Community Development, Egypt (Trainer Bio)
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to::
- Identify the key components of the financial statements and the purpose and importance of such data and the relation between it.
- Study the income statements and balance sheets for easy separation of the results achieved with donors money.
- Analyze financial statements to monitor profitability, efficiency, and quality of the portfolio.
- Control costs related to inflation and the cost of subsidized funds and in-kind donations.
- Identify critical factors to move towards financial sustainability.
- Use SEEP Tool and analyze the various reports generated by this tool.
When: 3 - 7 March 2019
Where: This workshop will take place in Amman, Jordan
- Sanabel Members: $ 850
- Non Members: $ 950
Registration deadline: February 21, 2019
Please fill the application form and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org